Sunday, December 17, 2006

Last 20 Miler down.........Hello taper

Started my 20 mile run at 6:11 am. Three hours four minutes and twenty seconds later, my taper begins. Pretty uneventful run, which I like. Wanted to get through it healthy,and at about a 9:15 to 9:30 pace. Did both so I'm happy, if you want split times click on my training log.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Paranoia will set in any day now, the four Ron's in my head are going to have a playground.
As the day draws near this will go through my head.

Trust your training.
You didn't train enough.
You ran your split times too slow on long runs.
You ran your split times too fast on long runs, your burned out.
I think I'm just where I need to be on my split times.

Trust your training.
Why is my ankle hurting? Oh, I had a rock in my shoe.
Why does my ankle still hurt?

Your eating too much during your taper.
Your not eating enough during your taper.
I don't think I'm ready for this.
Your ready for this!

You cut one long run short because of injury.
The long run you cut short, made you comeback stronger.

I need too sleep more
I can't sleep

26.2 miles is really not that long, just 26 one mile runs, and a point two mile sprint.
26.2 miles is a long run

O.k, O.k, O.k, You see where I'm going with this. These thoughts and more are going to run through my head for 3 weeks!
So if you talk to me between now and then, and it seems like I'm not paying attention to you, I'm probably not. Sorry, and I apologize but the four Ron's won't leave me alone.
As this post comes to the end, all I can say is let the paranoid games begin.




......'Tramps like us, baby we were born too run'.....
..................Bruce Springsteen.....

No comments: