Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Fine Line

There is a fine line you have to balance between over training and under training. I feel I'm just about right, maybe.
When you just get over a injury you don't want to run the risk of it happening again.
But you have to get the training in. What do you do? for one thing spend as much time on a bike as you can. I've log more miles the Lance Armstrong getting ready for this marathon. If I could ride 26.2 instead of running there would be no reason for this blog.
Speaking of Lance, he said running a marathon is the single most difficult thing he has ever done. What? This guy rides up hill for hundreds of miles at a time, day after day. Trains like a wild man, and he said, what?

My first thought is "what did I get myself into" I mean 2 years ago all I did was buy a treadmill and started walking 30 min. a day. How I went from that to this I will never know. Somewhere in there is where I met Ego Ron.

When Ego Ron grabs hold of something he just won't let go, like a pit bull on a hogs neck. most of my injuries are do to him.

I'll be running doing just fine, thinking I'm running pretty good for a 43 year old, then out of no where I here "there are 53 year olds that run a lot faster then you"
And thats how it starts. Next thing I Know I'm calling one of the doctors I have on staff to treat what ever mess he got me into.

See this is what I'm talking about, when I sat down to write, it was going to be about the line between over and under training. But Ego Ron loves to be the topic of conversation.

But he's not going to get in the last word of this blog

..............."Disney so close I'm starting to smell a mouse"
---------------------------------------------Positive Ron

No comments: