Sunday, December 3, 2006

20 miles...and I can still walk

I went out today for a 20 mile run, well it was really a jog. All week the negative Ron ( I'll get to him in a later post ) has been saying you'll never run 20 miles on that bad right calf. The positive Ron said give it a go, just take it slow.

So slow I went, a 10:44 pace I did not really care about the pace I just wanted to get through it. thats the first time in my training that I've done that. and I really enjoyed the run, well most of it. Mile 1 no pain, uh, mile 2 through 10 no pain really uh!

This is where negative Ron starts to mouth off, that calf pain is coming. but nothing happened, mile 11 through 15 no pain? what's going on I just ran over a half a marathon and no calf pain? last week at this point I was a wobbling mess. I guess there is something to be said about going out slow.

Negative Ron said the last 5 miles would be bad, that I would have to stop and limp home any minute. He was wrong my last split was the best of the day.

In fact my left calf hurts more then my right one ( don't tell me I'm going to have problems with my left calf now )
shut up! negative Ron.

No comments: