Friday, February 2, 2007

I've found my style

"GET OFF THE COUCH!" A voice screamed in my head. "The good times are over." it continued. "What are you talking about?" was my reply.
I can't really say why I do what I do. All I know is that in the noon-time of my life, I wanted to prolong twilight as much as possible. The inner self has more to do with the outward shell then you think. Until one wraps themselves around the fact that no one gets out alive.
Who knows how long this blog-thing will last. It floats out there in imagery space on a road called "The Internet". The words you are reading will probably stand attention longer then any of us. I can't help but wonder what it would be like 200 years from now, when Al Gore day is celebrated: as the father of this medium. Some hot shot computer whiz finds a way to brake the code to all these blogs.The future world will be engulfed with nothing but dribble trying to understand why we used the letter "R" for the word "are". And "U" for you.

I'm not sure how long I will write, It maybe a phase I'm going through. I do know that as I start to age, the more challenges I want to accomplish. Running a marathon for instance. Then I kinda fell into writing. After putting in miles of training I needed a vehicle to express my emotion, and this blog became my transportation.

Looking back, maybe I should have started writing in anonymity, keeping it my little secret as the words float into eternity. Until some geek from planet creep-tor stumbles into my world of "runron1855". Who knows if anybody reads this slop, I do get comments from my brethren which is nice. (but you really need to get a life)

I think more people write blogs then read them. I also think that's a good thing. Which brings me to my point. If I can do this, anybody can. I challenge you to get yourself a blog. The best part is that it's free and very easy to do. Now you don't have to be as foolish as me and tell people about it. Just do it for you. Write about anything. let your words remain long after the creek has been crossed. You might just find out you like doing something you thought you hated. ("thinking")

A funny thing happened on the way to writing this post. Read the first paragraph, it has nothing to do with the rest of this post. I started out with the thought of telling you about how I got into running. I was going to delete the first part.
But I thought, you know how every great writer has their own style. I think I've found mine. "confusing".
Oh yes, I can see it now. English class at some high brow institution in the year 2112. The professor says, "Today class we are going to read from the ancient Blog of runron1855. Notice the certain confusing style of the writer. the genius of his work, is breath-taking. Going from one point, then a sharp turn to something else. It's almost like he had no clue of how to write. Brilliant".

Hey, a man can dream can't he?
So, here's what you do. go to any blog home page, sign up and get writing.

And I will C-U on the road. I hate that.
See ya on the road, runron
and maybe the Internet...................

4 comments:

Jason The Running Man said...

Hey great blog. Found you off CRN. Keep running.

Anonymous said...

I would blog but the computer at work will not allow me to set up my own blogger aaccount. The only way to leave a comment is the anonymous route. It does look like someone beside yo brethren read this dribble (your words not mine) I'm quick to critize bu can't write worth crap.
I will not see U on the road. (unless I'm in my car)
Unrunric

Anonymous said...

Keep deaming bro u never know who may be reading. I'm sure someone some day will think it's the work of a genius look at Picasso.
Here are some quotes from him:

+ People want to find a "meaning" in everything and everyone. That's the disease of our age, an age that is anything but practical but believes itself to be more practical than any other age.

+ Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.

+ Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.

+ The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place; from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web.

runron writing is art KOKO (keep on keeping on)

Bro 2 Randall

Jason The Running Man said...

Countdown looks great, did I mention I liked your template? :) I think it was your brother that emailed as well. Good luck with your races. Hopefully we can all help each other along our journeys!