Thursday, February 8, 2007

She's not going to pull-out in front of me, is she?

Let me get something off my chest.... The other day and it really don't matter what day it is. Because this happens all the time!.... I'm driving minding my own business, when a dark blue Toyota with Texas plates refuses to stop at the red octagon sign. Now I've been to Texas and I've seen those type of signs out there. So this is not some Florida rule. Then the car... The one that was in such a hurry it had to pull-out in front of me... Decides to become the safest driver known to man.... We are not going the speed limit.... No, we are travailing 10 mph under the speed that our Florida Legislature has deemed a safe speed. The picket fences looked like telephone polls we were going so slow.
We come to a stop sign. And we wait... and wait... Let me make this perfectly clear...We are waiting for a car that is a good quarter mile down the road! What goes through peoples mind... If you pull-out in front of me when I'm almost even with you. Why do you wait for a vehicle that you can barely see down the road?
Well I know the reason. It took me a little while before I could Dale Earnheart my way around her... And yes I did say her.

Guess what was the first thing I saw....CELL PHONE.
I'm going to say something that my seem controversial, but hear me out.
It should be illegal for women to drive..... and talk on the cell phone. I started to leave it at drive, but I think that's a little harsh.

Think about this, it is a proven fact that women say around twenty thousand words a day.
Men say about seven thousand words a day.

It was late in the afternoon when this happened to me. My theory is that this woman only had about ten thousand words in that day. She could not help herself, she was on the clock. Forget about the huge bright red sports utility barreling down the highway. She had a number to dial.
I got this figured out...She slows down at the stop sign and thinks "Oh, I got to talk"... Whips out her phone at the same time yours truly approaches, looking at the phone and not me, gently rolls out in front of nothing.(that's what she saw) Then proceeds to have a nice leisurely conversation to fill up her quota of words for the day. That is the way I see it.

I know what the other sex is saying right now.
I bet you talk on the phone when you drive...Blah..blah.. blah.

Well I'm sorry Missy, but the rules don't apply to me and this is my blog. Start one of your own. And no I won't stop a ask for directions. And yes I do think the 3 Stooges are funny.

Any male stereotype you want to pin on me, I will wear it as a badge of honor.

See ya on the road, (without your cell phone) runron.


OK... OK.. I'm joking.. I don't think the law should just apply to women. It is a problem for both sexes. I was just having a little fun.

Truth be known if men had to give birth, our population would have ceased to exist long ago. And you are the smartest sex, so let us have our fun.
See ya on the road, (and I really mean no cell phone) runron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here Here. Well said, I thought you were a little harsh at first but cell phones are a problem with everyone except me of course.

Picture turning looks good to me I can see the whole thing. I've got to get me one.
Runrandall