Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Round two

Ok, Last week went well, no near-death experiences on my 18 miler, in fact I hit all my pace times, all in all it was a good day....However, the dreaded 20 miler awaits me this weekend.

Look, I've ran 26.2 miles before... yes all at once.But there's something in my head about a 20 miler in the middle of summer...How simple can it be? I have a 5 mile loop and run it 4 times...And with a short stop after each 5 mile trek, which I douse myself with ice water, maybe take a Gue or sports drink and hit the loop again... Easy. Plus I have a Camel Back to sip water every mile.

It's the last three miles that kill, so here's what I'm gonna do.... I'll run 18, 19, and 20 first, then I'll run the next 17. See I'm not only a runner...I'm a thinker.

See ya on the road, runron.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hey Ron,

Hows it going.
I was checking in out you, and I see your countdown timer, 62 days left. Yikes...

I better get out on the road.
-Brian