Monday, August 6, 2007

Over the river and through the woods


Having never run a Cross Country race before, I had no idea what to expect... The course was a nice jaunt through the woods and now I know what a rabbit feels like when a hunter is on their tail... A very tired rabbit. Call it lack of course knowledge, or that stupid ego thing, but I blew it.... The old story of starting out too fast and dying at the end.... So much so, I wanted the hunter to find me to put me out of my misery.

I have a bad habit of passing runners I have no business passing.... only to be repassed (spell check says that's not a word) by them at the end.. I could feel their smirks as they went by... Thank goodness Eddie was not one of them. He blew me away from the start and was probably in his car by the time I finished...Your time is coming Eddie, so enjoy.

Speaking of finished. When the pain was over the stupidity continued.. I waited for runrandall to cross the line, ask for his car key so I could get some towels to dry off. He handed me the key and I did a cool down run to the car...Got the towels, my camera, locked the door, and made sure I had the key, which I placed between my thumb and camera case... We milled around eating hot dogs and recapping the race... Then got that lovely photo you see at the top of the post, by runrandall's Son Ben...

We decided to leave after the bib drawings for an Ipod, which we didn't win.
"You ready to go," I said.
"Yeah, you got the key?" runrandall said.
"What key?" I said.

See ya on the road, runron.

1 comment:

Runrandall said...

Your blog does look nice and clean.
Hey it was fun running through the trails and the key thing well it just gives me something to hold over your head. After all it was the only original key I had.