Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pathetic Best Describes It

When I first started writing this blog, it was a way to vent my frustrations without driving my wife crazy..... Also a way to beat myself up.... well, let the beating begin...

What I'm I doing?... Forget the positive crap.... I crashed on the last mile of a tempo run today... If I'm ever going to get better, I need to learn to man-up and run the pace that is set for the run...

It was a simple 4 mile tempo run and I missed the last mile by 30 seconds... And it would have been more, but with a half mile to go I ask myself "WWED" or what would Eddie do? That made for a little push at the end.

Oh I made excuses... It's hot..... It's windy... I'm tired... I just don't have it today... But there is no excuse for that performance... Eddie's got nothing to worry about... Yes I'm acting like a baby... It's my blog and if you don't like it, you can stick it in your ear...

I'm not used to the wheels coming off... And I don't like it... I think I'll change my name to runrhonda... After the run steam was coming out of my ears....

The training plan is based on my recent 5k time... The pace is something I should be able to handle... But not today... What a joke... You should have seen me out there.... Looking like mile 25 of a marathon.... AND IT WAS ONLY 4 MILES!... Pathetic...

I know I'm not a writer.... And apparently I'm not a runner... well I run, or maybe a fast jog... The point is I need to do better.... Runs like today puts things into prospective... I'm not nearly as good as I think I am... There is a lot of work ahead.

If you're still reading this... Truth be told, I needed a run like today.... No I didn't have my best stuff.. That's O.K.
Writing this gives me the kick in the pants I need... A way to motivate... If I was happy with every run, I would see no room for improvement... Sometimes I need to call myself names... Like Rhonda or girly man, to pump me up.

Believe me I know there are more important things in life then running a race... Life is a fragile thing... So what you read in this blog is just for entertainment... I don't want to give the impression that I'm all wrapped up in running... I do have a life outside of running.

Never take anything I write too seriously.... But there is some truth to what I write.... It's up to you to decide what to take out of this slop I write.
But it was a pathetic run.

See ya on the road, runrhonda.... Errr runron.

You really should be worried Eddie, I'm giving you a false sense of security.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Pathetic;
In your previous blog you mention
how great women were in the sport of running. Now you're comparing yourself to running like a girly girl as a bad thing. Can't have it both ways.
Both sexes have good runners and bad runners.
I myself think you're old and need you AARP card.
They also have a pretty good health ins plan I'm sure you'll need it.
Toddles