Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bay to Bay, Oh what a day

I was recovering on my couch, watching a NASCAR race. .... And the thought came to me... To report on my race the same way a driver would.... So let me put on my best Jeff Gordon and give it a try.

Well, the 43 body really ran good today.... The Mizuno shoes never let me down..... It's a good thing I had on my Nike long sleeved shirt, because the weather was a bit cool.... I can't say enough about the way my Ipod held up, it played the right songs at the right time... I didn't know if I would make the start on time, because of the long line at the bathroom.... But Port-a-potty came through with just enough johns to get us to the starting line.... I also want to give a special thanks to Monster energy drink, it made the first few miles feel like I was shot out of a cannon.....

The sun was pretty bad at the start, but my Oakley sunglasses pulled me through.... And the Adidas cap kept the sweat out of my eyes....

We got into a little trouble at mile 3 when some hot shot kid came out of nowhere and clipped me on the side... it was way to early in the race to be running like that.... But it's just one of those deals...

The pace was fast, I was hitting 7:15 miles... my Timex Ironman watch was unbelievable today.
When your in shorter races, you really don't need energy gels.... But I had Gu with me just in case... And I have to mention Zephyrhills Water, they help fuel the old 43 at the water stops.

All in all I would say it was a good race for the 43 body, we placed 15th in a field of 66 (age group 40-44) I thought I was getting a little loose at the end, but my Timex said it was my fastest mile of the day.
I hope I didn't forget anybody, but let me thank, Under armor for their socks, Body Glide for a chafe free race, the Volunteers who made this race possible, the ST. Pete police for their cooperation with traffic......And all the fans of old 43.
We got a race in two week.... So we'll go back to the shop and work out a few things.... there is always room for improvement.... we'll be back.... That's racing.

I guess it would sound something like that.... And if any of the products I just mentioned want to sponsor me, I'm all ears.... Because this is the last time you will get free time on my blog.

Now the boring stuff.
Mile 1 - 7:13
Mile 2- 14:28 (7:15)
Mile 3- 21:38 (7:09)
Mile 4- 28:56 (7:17)
Mile 5- 36:16 (7:20)
Mile 6-43:37 (7:20)
Mile 7- 50:43 (7:05)
Mile .46 54:00 (3:18)

Hey "Eddie" you were a no show, I guess the Eddie G is not the real Eddie.

See ya on the road, runron

No comments: