Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bay To Bay Classic or another race already?

Well boys and girls the racing season is getting in full swing.... Sunday will be my 5th race of the year and every one of them has be a P.R. and I guarantee this race will be as well... Just as long as I cross the finish line... Why?.. Because I've never ran a 12k race before.... Even the name sounds odd... 12k...

For those of you that are metric challenged. 12k is about seven and a half miles... It's funny how us crazy Americans run distance in metric, but run our pace in miles... Go figure... No I really mean go figure, it don't add up... And I'm the guy that uses the metric system more then most Americans. (It's part of my job)... Even though I use it everyday and it's a simpler why to measure things... I don't like it... I'm starting to get off topic... But 25mm is the same as an inch.... What sounds better, "I stepped on a nail 25mm long". Or "I stepped on a nail an inch long"...I know Nether, who wants to step on a nail... But you get my point.

Back on topic... The Bay To Bay Classic is a point to point race. That is something I've never done before, and it sounds pretty neat... Did I just write pretty neat?... What's happening to me?... Anyway we start on one side of ST. Petersburg (not Russia) and run to the bay on the other side.... What fun... I don't think Eddie is going (see post below) too bad... But I'm not ready for him anyway, our time will come...

We'll see how the race goes, right now I'm not feeling it. I did a slow run today, just to give my legs a rest... Been pounding the pavement a lot lately and I need to be fresh.
Tell you about it over the weekend, maybe Monday

See ya on the road, runron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'll be there little man I'll be there
Eddie G

Runrandall said...

Eddie you have to get off the couch first.
Good luck tomorrow runron the news says the wind is suppose to die down a bit.