Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Boring Day

While my brother (Walter Mitty) writes of tells in the desert and make believe adventures.... I'm stuck in Florida, where the heat is real and the pace is slow.... Tempo run, speed work, and long runs..... Added with a weight training and enough bike time to make Lance Armstrong tired... O.K. that's going too far.... But it makes me tired.... All of it makes me tired..... Which brings me to my point. Why do I do this?.... Or why do you read this?... Maybe you don't, and the words just hang on the "Internets" (I heard there's more than one).

I've convinced myself that I like to run... But I also like to argue with myself.... If you could hear what we fight about......

Nice day today, doesn't feel that hot.... Think I'll do 15 miles instead of the scheduled 13 miler.... Man, that first mile was a breeze, yes definitely 15.....Sun will be up soon, I hope it's not cloudy.... the last two miles felt great... . that last mile was brutal, slow your pace down.... Pick your pace up, you're dropping....but it's getting hot.... it's not that hot..... 8 miles down only 5 to go.... wait that's only a total of 13..... we scrapped the 13 and we're going for 15 remember?.... I wish it was cloudy.... 10 down, 3 to go.... 5 to go..... 3 to go... Okay 3 to go.... How about 2?... I said how about 2?... I'm thinking.... Yeah, 2 sounds good....... Can we walk the last one in??

And so it goes.
One foot in front of the other.
See ya on the road, runron.

2 comments:

Runrandall said...

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Did I say BLAH. What you need to add to your runs is a little traffic dodging. Try crossing Dale Mabry during rush hour. That combined with heat and now you know what it's really like to have a brutal 13 miler. Mine was actually 22K.
See you soon.

Anonymous said...

wow, it sounds like the conversation i have on 3 mile runs!