Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time to get serious

What do you do when your mind says go, but your body shouts no?
I think what I'm going to do, is shut down for 1 week.... From running.... I need to regroup before the bulk of my mileage kicks in for marathon training..

I've just not felt it the last 3 to 4 weeks.... Maybe I need a rest, before I dive in full throttle..
I hate to go into a 16 week program and feel drained on the first week.... Now I know it's Florida... It's hot and oppressive, which has a lot to do with the lassitude I'm going through.

I've whined way too much on the blog, but it's either do it here.... Or drive everybody else around me crazy.... You can always click out and read something a bit more positive..

But if you want to follow along while I go on a 16 week journey meet me back here on the 24th of this month... When it will be hotter and I will be ready to spin my tales of the road.

Think Jack Kerouac with sneakers.... Who?... Never mind.
See ya... "On The Road".... runron

I'll put up a post before before the 24th, but again I need to work on another project and it's taking time away from this blog.
I hope to be in full blogging mode soon. Hang with me.

3 comments:

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

I've got Chicago in early October, and I'm nervous already, so you're not alone. And it's hot as hell here, too, and going out and running longer than 45 minutes is a real chore, to put it nicely.

So hang in there, and share the pain and the lack of will (when you have the time) and know we're all in the same boat. Or rather, on the same running course of insanity...

- r

Ron said...

Mr. satan,
I've got a few friends making the Chicago trip, but that many runners make me a bit "Cranky" so I'm doing a little one in Tennessee, I hope- less than 500 runners.

I glad to hear it's hot all over, it helps to know others feel my pain. As someone said (who's a lot smarter than me.) "We either all hang together or we all hang separately."
Or something like that.

I guess this time of year the only thing different between Florida and New York is about a thousand miles.

One more thing. I just downloaded itunes 7.3 and it messed up my library. I found away around it. But if you haven't downloaded the update... don't or do some research first.
I had to back up, then delete my files then reinstall.And I have a Mac.
Thanks for your words.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Who is Kurouck or whatever.
Sorry I'm such a baby but I run inside it's cooler.
I keep tellen ya.
Of course I'm not training for a marathon. Unless of course they have a tredmill marathon. Hey I'm in.