Monday, November 5, 2007

Feet's don't fail me now

What kind of idiot would drive 586 miles to run 26.2 miles?... All in front of this computer typing these words, say I....That would be me.. Or Mr. Idiot, to you.

The days are getting short and the big clock on the right seems to be speeding up and I guess all systems are a go. So, what's my gripe of the day?

Raw sewage, that's right, raw sewage. I'll let you use your imagination on the details... But let's just say the aforementioned words came tumbling out of the ceiling at a job site runron was at today. Fortunately, I was out of crap-shot.... but my toolbox wasn't.... The toolbox stands about a 18 inches high and is about 24 inches wide... I guess you could say it's about the same size as a toilet... A big toilet... Except, toilets don't have jigsaws, cordless drills, routers, and everything else a carpenter uses... At least mine doesn't... Or didn't....So I had a crappy day, need I say more?

Back to this marathon thing... You know how I've been complaining all summer about the heat?... There's one thing you should know.... I hate to run when it's cold... I'm from Florida, if it's in the 60's I'm freezing....Now I see where Tennessee is in the 30's at night?.... How cruel are the marathon gods?.. I mean come on, you want me to go from running in the beautiful 90 plus temperatures with sunshine so inviting it bakes your skin to a crispy tan. Where humidity caresses your forehead and leaves little droplets of sweat to reward you for a good workout. The oven-like warmness at 6:00 a.m. that gently greets me for a 20 miler...From all of that, to bone-chilling cold... I'll have to deal with numb toes and fingers... When I eventually break a sweat my shirt will freeze.... My teeth will chatter, not to mention what cold weather does to my bladder...
It's true what they say... Hot weather is uncomfortable, but cold weather is painful.
I bet there will be snow flurries and I'll get lost in some haunted battleground for days on end. (I'm running in a historic Civil War battleground) I'll have to survive on sports beans and extra packs of gel, until spring.... Of course spring in Tennessee probably comes around July 4th...

My Father-in-law lives up there, maybe I'll place a call and see what he can do about the temperature.... 30 degrees at night....Summer where did you go my friend?

See ya on the frozen tundra, runron.

2 comments:

Angry Runner said...

Geez, you folks down in FL are spoiled. Just think about the cold and snow that we'll be getting here in the Northeast very soon...30 degrees for us in December will be warm...

Run fast.

Wes said...

Already checked the forcast. 40 degrees to start, warming up into the sixties. It will be perfect running weather, even for us southern boyz.

I've already spoken with the ghosts and told'em to lay low :-) during the marathon.

Sorry to hear about your craptacular day. It did pass through though! LOL... Have a safe trip up.