Monday, November 19, 2007

Post marathon blues

First I'd like to thank the great state of Tennessee for giving me knee pain... Your hills, oops mountains, have caused me deep pain... or to get technical, patellofemoral pain or a possible patellar ligament injury.... Translate, my knee hurts.

I've been on the shelf for over a week. Not able to put one leg in front of the other for fear of fire shooting through me left knee cap.(Crap) Now what? The Turkey trot 5k is out... And maybe the Reindeer run as well.... By the way, do all cities have a Turkey trot and Reindeer run? Anyway, I went over a year without an injury... Of course I was running in a flat state, the state that I love.... My state, Florida.

I'll trade a 95 degree day with a heat index of 120, for one of those hills, (mountains) any day...

Then my brother said he wants to run another marathon, (what have I created?). And he wants to do Tennessee again.... Apparently he just ran down hill in the race Tennesseans have the nerve to call a marathon.... Look what they did to my knee... It takes a sick mind to lay out a course that goes up hill... check that, up the side of a mountain.... But I'm over it....

I mean what kind of twisted mind lays out such a course?.... Boston would label that race unsuitable for man... It's a good thing I'm able to forget about it...

Does the race director get kick-backs from orthopedist?.... I'm glad this race didn't have a lasting affect on my ego...

Thanks Tennessee. You've won, this old boy days are over, no more marathons.
But I was thinking the other day... Ya think it's too late to sign up for Disney?

See ya on the painful road, runron.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Ron,
Hey man happy Thanksgiving!
Please do not take this the wrong way, Chickamauga is in Georgia. Georgia is my home state, so I want to make sure we get credit for you knee. LOL.

I'm comming down to IMFLA 70.3 in May, maybe you should sign up???

-Brian