Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Hot.. Hot Days Of Summer

I'm struggling.... I know what's going on, I think..... Summer's here and I hate it...
It wasn't too long ago I hated the cold weather.... Now all I want is a 50 degree day and a little overcast... is that too much to ask?

I trained in this stuff last year and it didn't seem to bother me as much as this year... What's going on? I'm hitting a wall and official marathon training doesn't begin for another 3 weeks...
I've been trying to build up my base, but it seems to be hitting me in the face..

The little clock to the right of this page, tells the story. At this writing I have 136 days and 23 hours to get ready. The days ahead are going to be tough, filled with 8- 20 mile runs and a handful of 15, 17, and 18 milers... Then some tempo runs that are 8 miles.... one more time, I said TEMPO runs of 8 miles....

Not to mention the Thursday night speed work.... How's 10x 880 sound for a workout?
Something tells me it's going to be a long hot summer.

See ya on the road, runron

One more thing, my post might not be as timely as the should be... I've been working on another writing project and it's consuming me.... Maybe one day I'll show it to you.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Ron,

My name is Brian and I also going to run the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon. This will be my first marathon so I am starting my traning now, I am using the Hal Higdon's Newbie schedule.
I live in Georgia, and your right, it's hot.
Anyway good luck and I will see you in November.
You can check me out @ GeorgiaRunds.com
-Brian

Runrandall said...

Yeah Hot that's why I struggle. At least that what I'm saying and sticking to it.
I it seems hot now what will August bring I guess I wii have to run a 3AM to get any relief.

Anonymous said...

tredmill inside AC
Maybe I'll write a song.