Friday, May 4, 2007

Thanks Steve

There is this goofy podcast I like to listen to every week. Goofy is his words not mine. Anyway, I look forward to running while The host (Steve Runner) talks about running... I know I need a life.

You're probably thinking... "Let's see, you mean there is a show devoted to nothing but running, WOW, that runron sure knows how to live on the edge, I bet he even stays up past 9:00 p.m. once and a while".

At least that's what non-runners are thinking. If you are a runner and have not heard of Phedippidations, then you're in for a treat. For the past year or so, I have been entertained on the road by the huffing and puffing of one Mr. Runner. See, he does a lot of the show while he runs. Kinda makes you feel like you have company while you run... And I guess you do.

Steve does his homework, and you learn something each time he goes out the squeaky door. The great thing about his show... It's free, go to Itunes or his website and take all you want he'll make more. In a day where everybody wants to sale you something, it's refreshing to find guys like Steve who does things for the love and passion of what they believe. No strings attached.
I've been wanting to write about Phedippidations for a while, but haven't.

Why now runron?.. O.K. without being self-serving... (Isn't that what you say when you really are being self-serving)... Steve read my first marathon story on his show. I was the hit of my group running club.... By the way, my group has one member... Me... But it really made my day.
You can hear episode 95 First Marathons by clicking on his site (see above Phedippidations)

I wrote what Steve read, and I must tell you, he made it sound a lot better then the writer wrote.... The writer wrote?... See what I'm talking about.

So if you want to hear a Pro, listen to Steve. You can always come back here for a dose of a struggling writer... Where the right words get lost between his head and fingers.

I should have told you about his show long ago... I'm sorry it took so long.

If there are any other podcasters out there and would like to mention me on their show.... Did I ever tell you about my first marathon?....... Quit while you're ahead runron.

Run long and taper Steve.
For the rest, see ya on the road, runron

1 comment:

Runrandall said...

I heard it and I thought it was a great show even when he read your story. Say can I be in your runners club. Is there a secret handshake and do I have to pay dues? Do I get a t-shirt or anything? If not I still would like to join.