Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bike Day

I knew it.. I knew it... It was going to good.... I've been trying to avoid writing about this thinking it would go away. Last week I said I've been injury free... And before the post was dry I went out and injured my calf... How does one do that?.. I mean, there was nothing unusual about the run... I went through the same routine before every run.... 5 min. on the treadmill, some lite stretching, then start out slow and work my way up to cruising pace... Just a little 7 mile run.
So my running has been on the shelf the last few days... I think I'll be ready to go Saturday for the Draft Day Dash... I'm not going to run until Thursday and then it will be to shake the rust off and see how I feel...
Up date later in the week.
See ya on the road (on a bike) runron

3 comments:

Faithful Soles said...

Take it from me, injuries come out of nowhere, and it usually seems to happen just about the time we are feeling invincible. Don't hurry back too quickly unless you are sure you feel healed up (I just took 2 months off from a severe left shin splint and was glad I did).

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Thanks and remember to take it easy.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Yep, take it easy. For some reason, the last week has not been kind to runners, I've been reading about runner injuries discussed on other blogs, and even felt like crap after one of my own long runs that never seemed to end.

Anyway, take it day by day, and hang in there.

Ron said...

Thanks for your words of wisdom guys, It's a fine line we run on, trying to get the best workout we can without overdoing it.
I'm learning to listen to the little voices, but sometimes it's hard to hear when your ego is front and center.
See you guys on the road, runron.