Tuesday, October 9, 2007

All is well

Sorry for the delay guys... unfortunately I have another life, which brings me stress and a whole list of other things I can't stand.... If were up to me, I'd run all day and blog all night.... But real life gets in the way.

Now on to the complaint of the day.... Is summer ever going to end? I know I'm in Florida but this is ridicules. As I type a ten mile tempo run waits me... It's in the nineties for the love of Pete!

What are the marathon Gods thinking? It's not just here, I read about Chicago this weekend and saw pictures on T.V. of runners looking more like a death march, than a marathon.

Heat kills and I was sad to hear it took a fellow runner in Chicago.... It kinda puts things into perspective... We walk a thin line of training well, to complete collapse... No 20 miler is worth dying over, but to run a marathon you must put a few of them in... I don't know anything about the man that died, except he was 35 (9 years younger than me)... I'm sure he trained well and put the mileage in, maybe it was his first, or his 100th marathon, I don't know? My hope is that he died doing what he enjoyed.... Which in the end, isn't that all we can ask for?

I'm not a writer or a runner, I fail miserably at both. But I do know I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other... And place one finger at a time on the keyboard... And try to make sense of it all.... If you were in this brain, you'd realize what a daunting task it would be..

Just a 15 miler this weekend.... With that and the news of a cold front coming to Florida.... All should go pleasantly this week...Of course a cold front means temperatures will dip down into the eighties...Brrr..I need to pull out my winter gear..

To Brian, Thanks for your concern. I am alive and look forward to the Marathon... Maybe I'll see ya on the road.

To the rest, likewise, runron.

2 comments:

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

No, you don't 'fail miserably' at being a writer and runner; if you did, you wouldn't even have a blog or bother training for a marathon. Blogging may not be rocket science, but training for a damn marathon sure feels like it sometimes. It ain't easy.

But you're right about the heat, it was indeed a hot one in Chicago. It's gotten much cooler in the northeast (it's now about 40 degrees cooler than last Sunday), so hopefully you'll get some relief soon, too, Ron.

Hang in there, and I'll see YOU on the road...

Ron said...

Richard,
Once again thanks for your kind words. I'm glad to hear, you survived Chicago and a pretty good time, I might add.
I just feel sometimes my fingers don't type exactly what I want to say and my feet don't run like I think they should.... But other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? (old joke)

Also thanks for leaving the door open up north. Because of the cold front, I had my best 15 miler of the season... So maybe I am a runner.... But a writer? Me thinks not.

Great job in Chicago.