Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back on track.... I think

Finally, finally...I got my first 20 miler in. I think I've found a second wind... Or maybe a last wind, but definitely one of the two.

It's about time I quit whining and start doing... I suppose running like anything else has it's ebbs and flows...And I've been stuck in ebb with not much flow... Until yesterday.

Call it runner's high, or whatever hocus-pocus you want, but something clicked on my ten mile run and it felt effortless... Well, as much as a ten mile run can... Anyway, my pace was under my predetermined time and it really geeked me up for my marathon. Which is coming on the downside of my training.

It's time to forget about who owes me money... It's time to forget about the heat... It's time to forget about the pain that shoots from my chest and down my left arm...

Because it's time to get my game face on... I got a marathon to run..

See ya on the road, runron.

(Some of my words above were written for effect, so don't worry mom, there is no pain shooting down my arm.... yet.)

5 comments:

Brian said...

Ron,

Good news on the second wind, I am still waiting for mine, but I think it's comming.

As I write this note, I am looking at your Chikamauga countdown timer, and its at 42 hours 14 minutes, I can't wait!

Good luck with this weekends runs.

-Brian

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Yeah, I've had Ebb and Flo over, too. And I'd much rather see Flo than Ebb, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Don't worry about the whining, you're not really whining, it just feels that way when you have too much time on long runs to listen to yourself. If you have the patience to train and even finish a marathon, you're no whiner.

Good job getting to that first pre-race 20-miler. It's a nice feeling having that behind you, nothing says 'I might not suck running this marathon' like finishing 20 miles a few weeks in advance. And good luck on the remaining 'fun' runs... the longest part of the training is over.

Anonymous said...

you can't ignore a pain shooting from your chest to you arm.
Just looking out for you bro.
But I'm glad you got that run behind you.

Brian said...

35 days to go :)

Brian said...

Ron, you OK, you haven't posted in a while, 32 days....

-Brian